Gmail sign up is not difficult, just follow these steps – It’s free to create a Google Account.
Gmail is a free email service which is very popular and is provided by the world’s leading Internet company, Google. Besides free, Gmail also has several other advantages below.
1. Simpler and Faster
Although Google place ads in Gmail but it doesn’t make the appearance messy. The interface is pretty sight. Talking about the speed, I’m sure you’ll agree that gmail is faster than other email services.
2. A Better Spam Detection System
Gmail can filter spam email very well.
3. One for All
When you create a Gmail account, you’ll also automatically sign up to some other accounts because gmail is integrated with other Google services such as Google Plus, Blogger, Google Drive, Picasa, YouTube and many more.
Steps to create Gmail account on your computer.
- Open an internet browser preinstalled on your computer and on the address bar enter “www.gmail.com”. Now the Gmail sign in homepage is displayed where you can enter your preexisting email and corresponding password to login.
- To create Gmail account, on the page displayed on your internet browser click on “Create account” button at the bottom. Now on the next page you need to enter required information about you to create Gmail account.
- First of all, enter your First and Last name.
- Now select and enter a username for that is suitable for you. You should choose username properly so as it is not too common because you cannot create Gmail account with a username which already exists.
- Now you need to select a password for your Gmail account to login in future. However certain criteria need to be fulfilled. Your Gmail password must at least 8 characters long. Similarly, passwords are case sensitive, hence proper caution need to be taken while assigning the password. Enter the password you would like to set.
- Now on the “Confirm your password” box re-enter the same password.
- Select and enter your complete date of birth on respective text boxes. In order to create Gmail account, you must have at least reached the age 13. Age restriction may however vary in different countries.
- Your gender also needs to be specified. So, form gender drop down list, select either male or female or other.
- Select your country code from the list and enter your complete mobile number. Mobile number is required for verification of your account during sign up and during account retrieval.
- If this is your first Gmail account then it is not necessary to fill the next text box. If you already have old account, enter your email address.
- Now you have the choice to mark or unmark the “Skip this verification” option. The mobile number that you have previously entered is used for verification if you choose mark the option. In case you have unmarked the option, you need to enter the text displayed on the CAPTCHA.
- Based upon your IP address Gmail automatically selects your country. If false country is selected, from location drop down list select your country.
Now you’re done. Click “Continue to Gmail” to sign in to your new Gmail account. Enjoy.
Few Tips to Secure Your New Account
1. Be careful to set a password. Always use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and punctuation marks. Never use your name, birth date or any information about yourself.
2. You should enter your phone number in registration process. This is very useful when you need to reset your password.
3. Record the registration date. You will find new emails from Gmail Team in your inbox, the time they send that messages is the time your account created. You will need this information if the worst scenario happens to your account.